Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Tiny Hero Golden Quinoa
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup shredded or crumbled cheese of choice such as parmesan, feta, etc.
- Salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 small orange, juiced
- ½ tsp. orange zest (optional)
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Combine brussels sprouts and minced garlic on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss with 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown. Toss once or twice during roasting time. Add the pecans to the brussels sprouts with 2-4 minutes of roasting time left.
- While brussels sprouts are roasting, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once waters boiling, add Tiny Hero Golden quinoa and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Drain using a fine mesh strainer, removing as much water as possible.
- Next, make the vinaigrette by whisking together the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, thyme and a dash of salt & pepper.
- In a serving dish, combine the roasted brussels sprouts, quinoa, pecans, cranberries and toss with vinaigrette. Top with cheese if desired.