Savory garlic quinoa and shredded rotisserie chicken tossed in a light lemony dressing makes for a quick and easy chicken salad. This is a great high-protein option which can be served as a side or a hearty main dish on its own. Or, you can pack it up for an easy grab-n-go lunch!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (5 oz) Tiny Hero® Quick Quinoa Sides -Savory Garlic
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- In small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and quinoa; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Mix in seasoning packet and let stand for 5 minutes; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken, celery, apple, raisins, and chives. Fold in quinoa.
Tip: Makes a delicious gluten-free filling for lettuce cups.