Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa (~½ cup cooked)
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ cup mozzarella or swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a muffin tin with 6 paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa and continue to cook for 12 minutes. Drain using a fine mesh strainer, removing as much water as possible.
- In bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, onion, and basil. Toss to mix. Divide amongst the 6 muffin liners.
- In that same bowl, combine the eggs, milk, quinoa, cheese, salt & pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables, about ¼-⅓ cup egg mixture per muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until centers are firm and cooked through.