Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Tiny Hero Golden Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander (can substitute with ¼ tsp. ground cumin)
- ½ cup raisins
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Select ‘Sauté’ function on Instant Pot. Add olive oil to the inner pot and when oil starts to simmer, add butternut squash, onions and carrots to the pot. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
2. Add garlic, stir and cook an additional 1 minute. Press ‘Cancel’ on Instant Pot.
3. Add quinoa, broth, diced tomatoes and spices.
4. Select ‘pressure cook’ (or a similar ‘Manual’ setting). Set cook time for 12 minutes and flip vent valve to the ‘Sealing’ position.
5. When the cooking time is done, release the pressure by flipping the vent valve to the ‘Venting’ position.
6. Carefully remove the lid and stir in raisins, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.