Quinoa in a crumble, why not? Bursting with tangy berries and topped with a tasty crumble crust, this old-time dessert delivers comforting flavors in every bite. Mmm..can’t wait to dig in!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 3/4 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Pinch sea salt
- 8 cups mixed berries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boil; add quinoa. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spread quinoa and oats on parchment paper–lined baking sheet in single layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Let cool completely.
Stir together quinoa mixture, 3/4 cup brown sugar, coconut, pumpkin seeds, coconut oil and salt; set aside.
- Toss together berries, remaining brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Transfer to greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 ̊F. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices are bubbling. Sprinkle with quinoa topping; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown.Transfer to a rack to let cool completely or serve warm.
Tip: Serve with whipped cream or ice cream for even more of a treat!