Simple and delicious, this take on the classic pizza casserole dish is anything but ordinary. This Quinoa Pizza Casserole is loaded with nutrients and a perfect way to shake up your dinner recipe routine. With the addition of Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa, you’ll get a secret weapon that adds nutrition, boosts flavor, and makes you a true kitchen hero. Don’t blame us if you go back for seconds…and maybe thirds.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch “half-moons”
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices, cut into fourths (Suggested turkey pepperoni)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Boil 4 cups of water. Add Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa and simmer for 12–15 minutes. Strain using a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
- Place a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When oil just begins to shimmer, add onions and peppers. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions starts to soften. Add zucchini and garlic. Continue to cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add quinoa, sauce, pepperoni and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese to the veggies in the skillet, reserving a few pepperoni slices for the top.
- Sprinkle top of skillet with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and reserved pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot throughout and cheese is bubbly on top. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired