Put some pep in your dinner recipe step with our Quinoa Risotto Primavera with Spring Vegetables. This spin on Northern Italian risotto combines wholesome Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa with zesty lemon, savory pesto, and hearty green veggies to create a dish that’s big on texture and bold on flavor. Don’t blame us if it becomes your favorite spring or summer recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 lb), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- ½ cup shelled spring peas or frozen peas
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Lemon wedges
- In small saucepan, bring broth to boil; Reduce heat to low.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat, add onions and garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa, salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated. Stir in wine, cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in half of the warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until almost all liquid is absorbed before adding more liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, zucchini and peas; cook, adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes or until quinoa and vegetables are tender. Stir in pesto and lemon zest. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.