Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 1½ cups Brussels sprouts, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp. dried, lightly chopped or crushed)
- 1 Tbs. fresh sage, minced (or ½ tsp. dried)
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except quinoa) a 9×13-inch baking dish. Toss with avocado or olive oil until everything is mixed well.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, stir then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add quinoa and stir. Continue to cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain using a fine mesh strainer, removing as much water as possible before stirring cooked quinoa into the roasted vegetables. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
This dish may be made up to 2 days in advance and reheated by placing it with a few tablespoons of water or broth in a slow cooker set to LOW, stirring occasionally until warmed through (or place baking dish, covered with foil, into a 350℉ oven until heated through.