The wonderful sound of popping corn kernels on the grill and the gently charred aroma will transport you to the street of Mexico. These wonderful flavors are transformed into a yummy salad that you’ll make all summer long. Lime juice gives brightness to the salad and the jalapeños add a touch of heat, bringing a balance of flavors to this vibrant dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg (5 oz) Tiny Hero® Quick Quinoa Sides – Four Cheese
- 4 cobs of corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, cooled
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Lime Wedges - to serve on side
- In small saucepan, combine 1 cup water, quinoa and seasoning packet; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with fork; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill corn, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until grill-marked and tender. Let cool completely and slice kernels from cobs (you should have about 3 cups).
- In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, half of the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, sour cream, green onions, jalapeño pepper, cumin and salt; add quinoa, corn, chicken and half of the
- Toss well. Divide among 4 plates; sprinkle with remaining cilantro and cheese.
- Substitute shrimp for chicken if desired.
- For an extra-spicy salad, sprinkle with cayenne pepper or chipotle chili powder.