Looking for an easy appetizer for your next party? These colorful stuffed mini peppers with a cheesy filling can be served as an appetizer or starter. Great with turkey sausage as well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup Tiny Hero® Golden Quinoa
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 4 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boil; add quinoa. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Halve each pepper lengthwise and remove seeds. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the oil and season with half of the salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chorizo and green onion for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is golden brown and cooked through.
- Preheat broiler to high; position rack in center of oven.Toss together quinoa, chorizo mixture, 1/2cup cheese, and remaining salt and pepper.Spoon filling into peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with cilantro.
Tip: Substitute hot or sweet Italian sausage for chorizo sausage if desired.